You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I separate an inbox in Mac mail?

I use Mac mail for all my emails and have two addresses which go into the main merged inbox, my personal email and my work email.

I have now set up a third email address for someone working for me. I need to be able to see comings and goings on it, but I don't want the emails coming into my main merged inbox, as I keep replying to them by accident. Is there a way to do that, or a workaround?

I know that I could just go into my own work inbox and my personal inbox separately, but I love being able to use the main merged inbox, as I don't worry I am missing anything.

Apologies if this has gone to the wrong topic, I couldn't find one for Mail.

Huge thanks for any advice, C

MacBook, 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:52 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 29, 2021 5:22 AM in response to convertedluddite

convertedluddite wrote:

I use Mac mail for all my emails and have two addresses which go into the main merged inbox, my personal email and my work email.
I have now set up a third email address for someone working for me. I need to be able to see comings and goings on it, but I don't want the emails coming into my main merged inbox, as I keep replying to them by accident. Is there a way to do that, or a workaround?
I know that I could just go into my own work inbox and my personal inbox separately, but I love being able to use the main merged inbox, as I don't worry I am missing anything.
Apologies if this has gone to the wrong topic, I couldn't find one for Mail.
Huge thanks for any advice, C

It seems if you spin the triangle on the inbox— the individual inboxes are there...(?)

Are you saying this is not available to you?

https://support.apple.com/en-qa/guide/mail/mlhl6e39ca4a/14.0/mac/11.0

Can I separate an inbox in Mac mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.