You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini m1 hdmi

I have a new mac mini m1, the basic configuration, 8gb mem and 256gb storage. After updating to the latest Big Sur 11.2, my hdmi connection to my monitors won't work. I took my mac mini to the Apple store and had one of the technicians have a go at it. As soon as he plugged everything in, it worked. The software update was complete and I was able to shut it down properly. So I'm thinking that as soon as I have the time, I'll just plug everything back in and I should have no issues. This was yesterday. I wasn't able to get to starting up my mac mini until an hour ago, made sure all plugs were secure. Unfortunately, the same issue happened. I turned my monitor on, which is only a year old, and booted up the mac mini and I get a "No Signal" displayed. I was on the phone with Apple support and was disconnected. I read online that some people were having issues too. Any help will do. If I have to go back to the Apple store, I will but hopefully someone has a solution for this. Thanks for reading!

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 10:57 AM

Try a different HDMI cable.

Preferably a short premium certified cable.

see > https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

Similar questions

1 reply

mac mini m1 hdmi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.