You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raw picture files (.ORF) from my Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III are not accepted bij Apple Photos

The raw picture files (.ORF) from my Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III are not accepted bij Apple Photos and so cannot be edited, or stored with all my other (Olympus mostly) pictures. Does anyone have a solution? When will Apple provide the necessary software?

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 5:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:20 AM

The camera has been on the market since February last year. Usually the RAW support for a new camera will be released within a year, if Apple will support it at all. Not every camera will get RAW support by Apple. Try to find a workflow that will work for you, if the worst case happens, and the camera will not be supported.

• The DNG Converter suggested by Matti requires an extra step of conversion, but you could work still with RAW files.
  • Or set your camera to shoot TIFF, so you will at least have image files in a high quality, lossless format. But you may need more storage than for DNG files.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 6:20 AM in response to P.R. Bär

The camera has been on the market since February last year. Usually the RAW support for a new camera will be released within a year, if Apple will support it at all. Not every camera will get RAW support by Apple. Try to find a workflow that will work for you, if the worst case happens, and the camera will not be supported.

• The DNG Converter suggested by Matti requires an extra step of conversion, but you could work still with RAW files.
  • Or set your camera to shoot TIFF, so you will at least have image files in a high quality, lossless format. But you may need more storage than for DNG files.

Raw picture files (.ORF) from my Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III are not accepted bij Apple Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.