You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X flashlight and cameras don’t work (but sometimes do)

Hello, I have a iPhone X and I like to make photos with it but I can’t because the camera is not working all the time.. actually flashlight, front and back camera don’t work anymore.. while some days ago it did work for i while... weird indeed.

can you help me fix this issue and help me use them again? Thanks in advance!

kind regards, jasper.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 3:30 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Jaspve

Same thing is happening to my IPhone X after the last update took in for service ant they tried to sell me a new phone. After they told me it was the camera that needed to be replaced and then said they couldn’t fix it when I went back 4 hours later... Ya right. I know it’s a software issue. I even set my phone back to the factory settings and the update is still they and I can’t figure out to back out from the last update to see if that will correct the problem. And I’m out of town and I’m ******... and the Apple store knew I was there and needed a phone. They wanted to get money from me. News flash I have another phone home so they can kiss my *** until the sun doesn’t shine 😡😡

Mar 14, 2021 3:56 AM in response to sberman

I just tested the camera when I woke up.... and the two cameras and flashlight are working... I am 10000% sure that when I pick up the iPhone X later today.. it is not working again. Also when I pick up the phone tomorrow at the same time it might not be working.. can anyone please help me fix this? It’s very annoying, I need to use flashlight or take a photo or selfie.. ahh it ain’t working.. And when I don’t need to take photo for instance all is working fine?! How can this be possible and how can it be fixed.

so pls help me get them 1000% working all the time, like it should.

and no it is not covered of dirty lenses/flashlight that is the issue... other wise I couldn’t take pictures 2out of 1000 times I pick up the phone.

pls help me fix this.. thanks in advance!

Kind regards, jasper.

Mar 24, 2021 8:26 AM in response to sunshine758

Yeah... Apple.. the iPhone X did make photos and flashlight did work a 6 ago.

4dqys ago it did not work... no flashlight and no camera footage. Two days ago it did work.. taken some nice pictures. Today? It does not work anymore. WTF.....

apple.. please... you need to fix this.... what is the issue defenetly not any user related issue..... bad manufacturing?......

where can you get this fixed(free obv.) 😅

iPhone X flashlight and cameras don’t work (but sometimes do)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.