You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Details' Internet Accounts preferences?

In Mac OS Catalina when I select an account in Internet Accounts preferences there's a 'Details...' button. Nothing happens when I click on it. What is it supposed to do?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:41 AM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2021 6:25 AM in response to Julius N

Julius N Said:

"'Details' Internet Accounts preferences?: Yes, I have iCloud enabled. I have 7 other internet accounts as well, but the details button mysteriously stopped working on them and seems to be back to normal for now."

-------

Two Thoughts:

A. System Preferences Not Responding:

If System Preferences was not responding, then you should have Force Quit it.:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit
  3. Select: System Preferences
  4. Select: Force Quit button
  5. Select: Force Quit button

B. Damaged System Files:

Boot into Safe Mode today. In Safe Mode, damages system files (i.e. caches), are often fixed.

Mar 8, 2021 6:10 AM in response to Julius N

Julius N Said:

"'Details' Internet Accounts preferences?: In Mac OS Catalina when I select an account in Internet Accounts preferences there's a 'Details...' button. Nothing happens when I click on it. What is it supposed to do?"

-------

Try a New Admin:

Try creating a new Administrator user (for temporary use), and then see if you can modify it through that user.

'Details' Internet Accounts preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.