You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face id

I am using iphone xs max

my face id is not working after water splash

when i reset my faceid ut show me msg kike

move iphone closer,highet etc etc ... what can i do ?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2021 9:45 AM in response to choudhary16

Hello choudhary16,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with setting up Face ID again after some water splashed on your iPhone. We see you recently reviewed the guide "If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro". See if the steps in the following guide helps: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

The current software version is iOS 14.4.1. To see what you have installed, tap Settings > General > About. If an update is needed, be sure to back up your iPhone first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

When setting up Face ID, be sure the Ring/Silent switch is in the Ring position. If you're already updated, and followed all steps in that guide, check to make sure there are no restrictions in place. To find out tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If this is turned on, temporarily turn them off, then Restart your iPhone

If you're still not able to set up Face ID, let us know if any alerts appear at this point. If so, what exactly does it say? Also, make sure you're able to take a selfie (front camera) in Portrait mode, as seen here: Use Portrait mode on your iPhone

Keep us posted on the results.

Face id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.