You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calls cutting off

i have a new iphone 12. often, when on a call, I get an incoming call. my phone then gives me the option to accept the incoming call and to finish the one I'm on or to reject the incoming call. If I reject the incoming call my phone cuts off the call I am on about 30 seconds later. this then happens again when 121 calls with the message from the original incoming call. This is amazingly frustrating and I am close to running over my phone with my car!! can anyone help?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 3:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2021 1:04 PM in response to Chetty999

Hello Chetty999,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the concern when getting disconnected when you accept an incoming call while being on another call. We understand the importance of getting this issue resolved, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

To get started, let's gather some information to better understand the situation:

Are you experiencing this behavior with specific contacts? Do you use Dual SIM cards on your device? Do you have Wi-Fi calling enabled on your device?Also, have you tried to contact your carrier regarding this?

"If you’re on a call and call waiting is turned off, incoming calls go directly to voicemail.

On models with Dual SIM, call waiting works only for incoming calls on the same line, unless the other line has Wi-Fi calling enabled and a data connection is available. See Set up cellular service on iPhone."

Set up call forwarding and call waiting on iPhone

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

calls cutting off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.