You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2018 Battery life

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help get a better battery life out of iPad 12.9 pro.

Battery life is awful on my laptop. My previous iPad, iPad 4 had a much better battery.

is there something i could do to improve this?

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:39 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2021 2:56 AM in response to burhan_m

You provide no quantitative data or measurement of the battery life of your devices - or indication as to how your devices are used or configured. As such, it is impossible to provide substantive advice as to how your battery life might be improved.

Consider that Apple’s estimated battery life is always quoted as “up to” - reflecting performance that can be achieved in ideal (and strictly prescribed) conditions. In real environments, battery life between charges (endurance) may be much shorter.

As an example, I use an iPad Pro 10.5” on a daily basis. Achievable battery endurance is no more than 7hrs from a full charge - for a screen brightness of about 30%; tasks and not particularly CPU or graphics intensive - but multitasking features of iPadOS (frequent switching between Apps/pages) are utilised. In brighter ambient lighting conditions, screen brightness will increase to compensate - resulting in considerably shorter battery endurance (five hours or less). Admittedly the iPad battery is showing signs of losing some capacity from that when new, however, iPadOS itself has caused a noticeable reduction in battery life between charges.

If you can provide more information about your observed battery life - and typical App usage - it may be possible to provide some constructive feedback as to optimisation of your iPad. Otherwise, this support page provides some general advice:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Ipad 2018 Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.