You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help

Q:

Heart rate is not available under metrics for run or walk workouts on Workout App

I have the Apple Watch 2. For some reason "heart rate" is greyed out and not an option for indoor/outdoor run or walk under the Workout App. Clicking the edit button does nothing. Restarting both devices does nothing. Repairing does nothing. Help.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 2:41 PM

Check to see if you have workout power reserve mode on,this turns off the heart monitor;

To disable Workout Power Saving Mode, open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, and then tap on Workout > Power Saving Mode and turn it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Vrty1

Check to see if you have workout power reserve mode on,this turns off the heart monitor;

To disable Workout Power Saving Mode, open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, and then tap on Workout > Power Saving Mode and turn it off.

Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.