You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Favorites" Mail folder has disappeared.

My "Favorites" Mail folder has disappeared, along with all its folders. How do I retrieve it?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:22 PM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2021 6:23 PM in response to barberlives123

I thank you for your reply, and though it didn't help solve my initial problem, it did at least let me know what the "Favorites" bar is (not labelled "Favorites" of course, as per new Apple lack of user friendliness.) I was looking for Favorites, because when I lost the folders on the left side of my Mail, another site had recommended trying the "Favorites."

At any rate, I did finally find my folders, there all along "On My Mac." I had tried that before, but kept clicking on the + sign, which is no help. Finally, I managed to accidentally maneuver around the + sign to get to the word 'SHOW," and voila, there were my folders. I've written this all down and saved it several places for next time, because no doubt I will accidentally click "HIDE" at some time in the future and be bamboozled all over again.

Feb 17, 2021 3:50 PM in response to judyrud

Hello judyrud,

We understand that the Favorites mailbox and associated folders is missing from your Mail application. Let's make sure it's not hidden. Per the below article, "To show or hide the Mail sidebar, choose View > Show Mailbox List or View > Hide Mailbox List, or press Shift-Command-M. For the Favorites bar, choose View > Show Favorites Bar or View > Hide Favorites Bar, or press Option-Shift-Command-H."

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks!

"Favorites" Mail folder has disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.