You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not see "Report Junk" from numbers not in my contact list. What am I doing wrong?

After receiving spam messages, I do not see "Report Junk" from numbers not in my contact list as an option. What am I doing wrong?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 11:22 AM

Are the messages iMessages? Note that the report junk option is only available for iMessages. See the following from Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for information about regular SMS/MMS text messages:

To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2021 11:22 AM in response to Jone4664

Are the messages iMessages? Note that the report junk option is only available for iMessages. See the following from Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for information about regular SMS/MMS text messages:

To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier.

I do not see "Report Junk" from numbers not in my contact list. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.