You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i backup my iPhone on MacBook Pro M1 2020

Hi, I just switched to new MacBook Pro 13 M1 2020 from MacBook Pro 13 Mid-2014. Since, I have been unable to backup my iPhone following same process with my old MacBook. Kindly explain how to backup my iPhone on this new MacBook Pro M1.

Regards

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 1:44 PM

Hi SirBigAbbey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understanding needing to back up your iPhone to your new MacBook Pro. Your MacBook should be running macOS Big Sur, not sure what macOS you had on your previous Mac but with macOS Catalina and later, you would backup your iPhone using Finder. Check out How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Get to know the Finder on your Mac

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2021 1:44 PM in response to SirBigAbbey

Hi SirBigAbbey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understanding needing to back up your iPhone to your new MacBook Pro. Your MacBook should be running macOS Big Sur, not sure what macOS you had on your previous Mac but with macOS Catalina and later, you would backup your iPhone using Finder. Check out How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Get to know the Finder on your Mac

Hope that helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.