You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I felt an electric shock from my iPad screen it is a cracked screen and I was using a fake cable

The thing is I was charging my iPad with a legitimate apple charging head but a fake apple charging cable and that the rubber I could always smell something burning near the charger whenever I used it and also I own an iPad mini 4 and it has a cracked screen and then I was charging it and the glass crack I touched it to open and app and it electric shocked me I am very scared that the iPad or charger will explode what do I do ?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:36 AM

Someone help I don’t know what to do ? What if the charger sets on fire cause that has happened once with the same charger head

Similar questions

1 reply

I felt an electric shock from my iPad screen it is a cracked screen and I was using a fake cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.