You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air stuck on weird target disc thing

Ok so I tried to install boot camp on my mac that i bought a year ago for a program at school, but it required i update to the most recent update which was 11.5 or something. So when i did that, half way through it said something like error not enough storage or something and would you like to restart so i restarted it. Now it’s in a never ending cycle, I went through the forums and they said go into recovery mode and completely wipe it? I tried that but there is no option for me to choose a disk when reaching the Mojave screen. Also, i can get it to reach the log in screen like when you normally boot it up, when i enter my password nothing happens it just keeps restarting. Please help, this is my only way to do school and i don’t have access to any apple shops near me

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 9:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 10:26 PM

I suggest that you start by fully erasing your notebook's internal drive, and then, use Recovery Mode to re-install the macOS operating system.

Ref:

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Air stuck on weird target disc thing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.