You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness+

I tried to connect my iPhone to my tv using a dongle to see the workouts better. My phone shared w/ my tv until the actual workout started. How can I get the phone to project on tv during the workout?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:26 AM

With an Apple TV device.

Apple Fitness+ compatibility.

Apple Fitness+ requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.2 or later and one of the following Apple devices: iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3 or later, iPad with iPadOS 14.3or later, or Apple TV with tvOS 14.3 or later.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2021 8:26 AM in response to LiliSL

With an Apple TV device.

Apple Fitness+ compatibility.

Apple Fitness+ requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.2 or later and one of the following Apple devices: iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3 or later, iPad with iPadOS 14.3or later, or Apple TV with tvOS 14.3 or later.

Jan 29, 2021 8:36 AM in response to LiliSL

You can't see the workout this way because it is copyright protected and can't be shared from the iPhone to your TV in this manner.

This is why you need one or more of the Apple devices listed in fiery's comment to use Apple Fitness+.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.3; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Fitness+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.