You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching phone line for a iMessage conversation

On a dual-sim phone with two active lines, What is the method to change an iMessage conversation to use the other line?

I had a issue with my esim and had to reset the service on it. During that process all existing conversations were automatically switched to use the physical sim line still active. Once i reactivated the eSim line I cannot find a way to manually switch the conversation back to my esim line.

Is there any method to solve this on my phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 5:31 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 28, 2021 5:47 PM in response to javaliga

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at that reference and it does not offer a fix to my issue.

Once your conversation is established on a line there is no obvious way to switch it to the other line. So I had a conversation with my buddy on line 1 but an issue caused line 1 to get disabled and so the messages app automatically switched our conversation to line 2 phone number. Now that the issue with line 1 is resolved I need that conversation to switch back over to line 1 phone number but there is no option to switch it manually. I have already set the preferred line to line 1 but the conversation continues in line 2.

Switching phone line for a iMessage conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.