You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update Apple Watch software. It says I need to delete apps to make storage space but I have few apps on my watch. I tried restarting watch. Still won't update. any suggestions?

how to update Apple Watch software when it says I need to delete apps to make space

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 1:12 PM

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system and (in some cases) can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2021 1:12 PM in response to pepper194

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system and (in some cases) can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Trying to update Apple Watch software. It says I need to delete apps to make storage space but I have few apps on my watch. I tried restarting watch. Still won't update. any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.