You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro shuts down at 20% battery

Hello! I am currently using a Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2015 and I got the battery changed at an Authorized Service Provider this week because my cycle count was over 1000. However, when the new battery goes down to exactly 20%, the computer shuts itself down. When it happened, I powered it back on and the battery flashed as 20%. As soon as I entered my password to log in, it shut itself down again. When I plugged the charger and powered it back on, the battery flashed as 0%. Since I got my computer back yesterday, I have only charged it for 2 cycles as of today but I don't know why it keeps happening. I resetted the SMC and even ran Apple Diagnostics but the report came back with no problems found. What should I do?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:26 PM

You have a 90 day part warranty on the battery so take the laptop back to the AASP to have them examine the laptop.

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook Pro shuts down at 20% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.