You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Keeps Crashing

At random, when I open my Mac, I would get a black screen. I can't do anything else but move my cursor around. I grabbed this from the console, and I have no idea what it means and I'm hoping someone could tell me. It usually happens overnight when I plug my Mac in to charge. I have a feeling it has something to do with the TimeMachine backups. But I could be wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 6:26 PM

The macOS system logs are not very useful for troubleshooting issues (except for Kernel Panic logs). The most likely cause of issues is due to incompatible software either due to the new M1 Mac, an Intel application running within Rosetta, or an app that is not compatible with Big Sur. I suspect you have an Intel application that is not compatible.

Check to see if all your third party software is compatible with Big Sur and an M1 Mac. Make sure to install the latest versions of all your third party software.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2021 6:26 PM in response to mcoopers07

The macOS system logs are not very useful for troubleshooting issues (except for Kernel Panic logs). The most likely cause of issues is due to incompatible software either due to the new M1 Mac, an Intel application running within Rosetta, or an app that is not compatible with Big Sur. I suspect you have an Intel application that is not compatible.

Check to see if all your third party software is compatible with Big Sur and an M1 Mac. Make sure to install the latest versions of all your third party software.

MacBook Pro M1 Keeps Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.