You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am very frustrated with my HomePod Minis random performance

My HomePod Minis are connected to my Apple TV. Sometimes when I pause a show the audio will continue to play or the one HomePod Mini will play louder than the other. When I try to run it on my Home App it says “not responding”and plays random music.

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 6:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 7:55 AM

If HomePod isn’t responding, first try to restart it with the Home app, you'll need to ungroup the stereo pair before you can restart each one,. Then stereo pair again

If you had used the music App on your Apple TV force quit that - if your model has a Siri remote:

• Swipe up on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to force the highlighted app (the app in the center of the screen) to quit.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/tv/atvbbcec4f4e/tvos

In fact close all the apps you had open

Then Restart Apple TV

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2021 7:55 AM in response to pdmeloon

If HomePod isn’t responding, first try to restart it with the Home app, you'll need to ungroup the stereo pair before you can restart each one,. Then stereo pair again

If you had used the music App on your Apple TV force quit that - if your model has a Siri remote:

• Swipe up on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to force the highlighted app (the app in the center of the screen) to quit.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/tv/atvbbcec4f4e/tvos

In fact close all the apps you had open

Then Restart Apple TV

Jan 22, 2021 3:59 PM in response to pdmeloon

You can’t get to that setting when there’s no response

You will need to do this:

Press the top of HomePod to reset it

If you can’t remove HomePod from the Home app, you can press the top of HomePod to reset it to its factory settings.

Here’s how:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

If you still see HomePod in the Home app after you reset it, then you'll need to manually remove it from the Home app.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Then set it/them up again

I am very frustrated with my HomePod Minis random performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.