You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macpro 2012 turns on and wont bootup

Hi,

I have a Mac pro which which is upgraded to 64 GB of ram and 8GB of graphics card. It was working fine for an year now the problem is it turns on when I press power button immediately after one min it goes off again if try to turn on it won turn on after disconnect of of power cable for 5 mins if i press power button it turns on again goes off. Kindly help to resolve this issue.

tried after removing 8GB Graphics card and with default one which it has been shipped with found same problem.

thanks

Ramesh

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 6:01 PM

thotaramesh Said:

"Macpro 2012 turns on and won't bootup: [...]I have a Mac pro which which is upgraded to 64 GB of ram and 8GB of graphics card. [...]"

-------

I. Hardware Use:

First off, go brand-for-brand (Apple-for-Apple) is best when it comes to reliability and consistency between devices (based on personal experience). So, if third-party, the a hardware may have damaged the Mac.

II. Troubleshooting Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 6:01 PM in response to thotaramesh

thotaramesh Said:

"Macpro 2012 turns on and won't bootup: [...]I have a Mac pro which which is upgraded to 64 GB of ram and 8GB of graphics card. [...]"

-------

I. Hardware Use:

First off, go brand-for-brand (Apple-for-Apple) is best when it comes to reliability and consistency between devices (based on personal experience). So, if third-party, the a hardware may have damaged the Mac.

II. Troubleshooting Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Macpro 2012 turns on and wont bootup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.