You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized Charge on Account

I had an unauthorized charge on my Account for Garena Free: Fire on 12/25/2020. I also receipt an “Apple ID” receipt which looked similar to but not exactly like the other receipts I receive via email. How do I dispute the charge and make my account secure again?

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 4:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 4:49 PM

cariedale98 Said:

"Unauthorized Charge on Account: I had an unauthorized charge on my Account for Garena Free: Fire on 12/25/2020. I also receipt an “Apple ID” receipt which looked similar to but not exactly like the other receipts I receive via email. How do I dispute the charge and make my account secure again?"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

To dispute the charges, contact Apple Support via phone. Perform some screensharing, as it is a simple way prove something.

Apple Phone Support:

Screensharing with the Apple Rep

To easily dispute the charges over the phone with the Apple Rep screenshare the camera of your iPhone and that of your Mac. Ask a friend, or family member if you may use their phone, if you do not have one handy.

Learn more at these links: 

For Note:

Why Calls are a Bit of a Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And, that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2021 4:49 PM in response to cariedale98

cariedale98 Said:

"Unauthorized Charge on Account: I had an unauthorized charge on my Account for Garena Free: Fire on 12/25/2020. I also receipt an “Apple ID” receipt which looked similar to but not exactly like the other receipts I receive via email. How do I dispute the charge and make my account secure again?"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

To dispute the charges, contact Apple Support via phone. Perform some screensharing, as it is a simple way prove something.

Apple Phone Support:

Screensharing with the Apple Rep

To easily dispute the charges over the phone with the Apple Rep screenshare the camera of your iPhone and that of your Mac. Ask a friend, or family member if you may use their phone, if you do not have one handy.

Learn more at these links: 

For Note:

Why Calls are a Bit of a Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And, that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Jan 8, 2021 9:02 PM in response to cariedale98

cariedale98 Said:

"I did everything that the link you sent said to do before I contacted support. This charge is not showing up on my purchases through apple, but it was later on my bank statement as being from 'Apple'."

-------

Verifying this Purchase:

Ask Apple:

It seems that this may be scams of sorts. So, verify if these are officially from Apple, by contacting Apple Support. When calling Apple, you may want to consider saying that you need support with something else that is completely N/A to this (i.e. for a keyboard). This is because just asking for support for your account just gets you a message telling you to get support through an online site of sorts like accounts.apple.com

If Unverified Contact your Bank:

If Apple Support says these are not official, then most certainly consider contacting your Financial Institution, asking them for a new card, and to secure your account.

Unauthorized Charge on Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.