You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost text messages

since changing to I phone 12 it has got rid of all my text messages more than a year old. I have kept so many messages from loved ones no longer here. I have ticked keep messages forever.

how can I recover then. I assumed that if you transfer from old I phone to new that it would keep messages.

also any idea how to find deleted texts.

I don’t have I cloud backup

thanks

iPhone 12, 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:35 PM

Rainbows222 wrote:

since changing to I phone 12 it has got rid of all my text messages more than a year old. I have kept so many messages from loved ones no longer here. I have ticked keep messages forever.
how can I recover then. I assumed that if you transfer from old I phone to new that it would keep messages.
thanks

No backups no recovery.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Rainbows222

Rainbows222 wrote:

thanks

No backups no recovery.

Lost text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.