You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac is beeping and wont start

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:54 PM

Bad Ram. Macs are picky about what kind and type they use. And each mac must perform a POST.. power On Self test... where it checks each necessary component in the path... power supply... ram... hard drive... video card..processor(s)... if one of those components fails.. bingo... no bootup.... i don’t know if you have a Mac Pro Tower... an iMac, or a notebook... portable Mac or even what year it was made or anything about it. I know nothing...

John B

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 3:54 PM in response to AppleOsb

Bad Ram. Macs are picky about what kind and type they use. And each mac must perform a POST.. power On Self test... where it checks each necessary component in the path... power supply... ram... hard drive... video card..processor(s)... if one of those components fails.. bingo... no bootup.... i don’t know if you have a Mac Pro Tower... an iMac, or a notebook... portable Mac or even what year it was made or anything about it. I know nothing...

John B

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.