You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch-rename files feature is missing in the Big Sur release

Hello,

recently I noticed that very handy and useful feature was removed from Finder App - batch rename of the files.

In the "redesigned" finder window I cannot find that feature anymore. Is it possible to somehow enable it or do I have to install some external tool for that?

This is how this feature worked before: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/batch-rename-files-in-macos/

I was digging many internet websites, but I cannot find any information about that. Thanks for your responses!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:43 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 30, 2020 11:20 AM in response to dialabrain

It seems that for some reason all of the files I was working on were marked as "Locked" in the details window. That causes the rename option is missing in the right-click menu. And more - the return key does not trigger any action on a single file too. After unlocking the files - it seems to work properly :) I thought that they just removed that feature at all because that menu option is just gone in that case...

Thank you for your response!

Batch-rename files feature is missing in the Big Sur release

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.