You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I left my Apple Watch series 1 in the charger for weeks now it won’t turn on at all. Is the battery completely dead?

I left my Apple Watch series 1 in the charger for weeks now it won’t turn on at all. Is the battery completely dead?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 5:32 AM

Batteries can only take so much of a charge before they are completely gone. My guess is, that's probably more than likely what happened here. It's all about how the charge cycle works, after it reaches a hundred percent, if not taken off the charger, then it will run down a little bit, maybe down to about 96 or so, and then charge all the way back up. Cycle continues until the battery either dies, or is freed from the charging mechanism.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 5:32 AM in response to tarasteele7

Batteries can only take so much of a charge before they are completely gone. My guess is, that's probably more than likely what happened here. It's all about how the charge cycle works, after it reaches a hundred percent, if not taken off the charger, then it will run down a little bit, maybe down to about 96 or so, and then charge all the way back up. Cycle continues until the battery either dies, or is freed from the charging mechanism.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.