You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad disabled and offline

My iPad is disabled and showing offline. How do I enable it again?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 12:07 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2020 4:50 PM in response to J21G

Hello J21G,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPad appears to be offline.

To clarify, are you using Find My iPad or where exactly do you see that your iPad is offline? Do you have your iPad with you currently? If so, do you see a message on the screen that indicates that it's disabled?

If you see a message on your iPad screen that says it is disabled, you can use the steps from If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled to remove the passcode.

If your iPad is lost and appears to be offline, it may be powered off or not connected to a network. While you won't be able to connect it without access to your iPad, you can still send requests that the iPad will receive once it is turned on and connected to a network again. If Find My iPhone is offline or not working has further details.

Have a great day!

iPad disabled and offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.