You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken lcd panel ribbon Imac 27inch 2013

Hi, I broke the ribbon connecting to the LCD panel of my imac, can these be replaced?

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 10:12 AM

No idea, however if you call your local Apple Authorized Service Provider they can tell you. This is EXACTLY why you should take iMacs to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally worked on, they are extremely easy to damage if you are not qualified to take them apart.

At this point, that is probably what I'd do rather than risk doing even more damage. However it's your computer and your choice of course.

Good luck with it and stay safe.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2020 10:12 AM in response to gforrest15

No idea, however if you call your local Apple Authorized Service Provider they can tell you. This is EXACTLY why you should take iMacs to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally worked on, they are extremely easy to damage if you are not qualified to take them apart.

At this point, that is probably what I'd do rather than risk doing even more damage. However it's your computer and your choice of course.

Good luck with it and stay safe.

Broken lcd panel ribbon Imac 27inch 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.