You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro auto dimming issues

Brand new iPhone 12 Pro for Christmas but very disappointed that it constantly dims even when in use.

Have turned off - True Tone, Auto Light and Dark mode, Night shift, Auto -Brightness, Reduce White point but still having an issue.

The phone dims every 10 seconds and then turns off requiring it to be lifted and reopened with Face ID.

How can I fix this?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:16 PM

Ok........ I figured the Apple people were far smarter than me and there had to be a setting I had yet found.

Strangely all the YouTube clips were only pointing to the settings mentioned in the previous post and that didn't correct the issue.

Well I found the setting.

It's in Settings/Accessibility/ Face ID&Attention/Attention Aware Features. This must be turned on.

When activated it will not dim and lock if the phone senses your eyes looking at the screen. If the phone is left unattended then it will activate the Auto -Lock setting found in the Display & Brightness menu after the selected length of time.

So now my phone is not dimming automatically if I'm using it and to preserve battery I have Auto-Lock set for 30 seconds.

Happy New Year!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2020 2:16 PM in response to FirstTimeNewModelBuyer

Ok........ I figured the Apple people were far smarter than me and there had to be a setting I had yet found.

Strangely all the YouTube clips were only pointing to the settings mentioned in the previous post and that didn't correct the issue.

Well I found the setting.

It's in Settings/Accessibility/ Face ID&Attention/Attention Aware Features. This must be turned on.

When activated it will not dim and lock if the phone senses your eyes looking at the screen. If the phone is left unattended then it will activate the Auto -Lock setting found in the Display & Brightness menu after the selected length of time.

So now my phone is not dimming automatically if I'm using it and to preserve battery I have Auto-Lock set for 30 seconds.

Happy New Year!

iPhone 12 Pro auto dimming issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.