You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead/stuck pixel

I just got my Iphone 12 Pro Max and noticed a stuck/dead pixel smack on the center segment of my display. it is just one green pixel. Although small, but it is certainly dissatisfying to see it, especially in grey or black backgrounds when you're watching movies. Apple states that that it would require 5-7 days for diagnostics and testing before concluding for a unit replacement or screen replacement. But at this point a screen replacement does not make much sense to me as the unit is brand new. Besides, when you are paying that price for the phone, you'd expect a certain level of decency for a unit replacement

Are any of you guys experiencing this issue?

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:28 PM

Not experiencing this issue at all. If you’re in the exchange/return period you should be able to request an exchange. Was this dead pixel there as soon as you got the device and you immediately contacted Apple about it? Did you purchase from Apple directly or from a different retailer? Is there a store in your area that can look at your device immediately (well...as immediately as as the local stores can allow people in)?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2020 7:28 PM in response to KhyeTheGuy

Not experiencing this issue at all. If you’re in the exchange/return period you should be able to request an exchange. Was this dead pixel there as soon as you got the device and you immediately contacted Apple about it? Did you purchase from Apple directly or from a different retailer? Is there a store in your area that can look at your device immediately (well...as immediately as as the local stores can allow people in)?

Dec 22, 2020 7:47 PM in response to KaeBFly

This problem occurred as soon as I noticed it while watching content when I got the phone brand new (noticed it within a week). I have never dropped/knocked the phone. I have contacted Apple/ retailer about it and the response was the same (above statement). I purchased it via an Apple retailer. I will send in my phone for testing soon after I performed a total backup. However, I just wanted to seek confirmation before sending it in, that a screen replacement is NOT an option. So far my iphone experience has not been perfect. I suggest people to pixel peep and notice any form of abnormalities. It may be a very small issue, but a small manufacturing defect is still an issue.

Dead/stuck pixel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.