You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have music on my MAC from CDs that I scanned. How do I share with a second iPhone?

I have music on my MAC that I scanned from CDs I bought. How can I share this music with a second iPhone. My wife’s iPhone.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:33 AM

See the Home Sharing link I posted. You can share your library with iTunes or the Music app on her Mac.

And iTunes match will also work if your phones are linked with Family Sharing ➡️ What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

7 replies

Dec 22, 2020 7:35 AM in response to Sophia5259

You would have to sync the 2nd iPhone with your Mac. If she has her own computer you can also share the music library with her computer, and she can then sync her phone to it ➡️ Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Another option is iTunes Match, which uploads your CD images to Apple’s cloud, when they become part of your music library that can be shared with Family Sharing ➡️ Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support. Note that this link “encourages” you to join Apple Music, but you don’t have to.

I have music on my MAC from CDs that I scanned. How do I share with a second iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.