You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IS THERE AN APP I CAN DOWNLOAD ON MY IPHONE TO BLOCK SCAMMERS

IS THERE A APP I CAN DOWNLOAD TO BLOCK SCAMMERS FROM CALLING ME AND TEXTING ME?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:44 PM

Check with your carrier to see if they have a blocking app for calls, such as AT&T’s Call protect. Such apps are not perfect, but they can help. The other helpful app for both voice and text scams is the nomorobo app. It has a monthly subscription fee of $1.99.

You can also go to Settings/Phone and turn on Silence Unknown Callers. This will send all calls from numbers that are not in your contact list to voicemail. There’s a similar feature for text messages that will send such texts to a separate list.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 4:44 PM in response to sophy256

Check with your carrier to see if they have a blocking app for calls, such as AT&T’s Call protect. Such apps are not perfect, but they can help. The other helpful app for both voice and text scams is the nomorobo app. It has a monthly subscription fee of $1.99.

You can also go to Settings/Phone and turn on Silence Unknown Callers. This will send all calls from numbers that are not in your contact list to voicemail. There’s a similar feature for text messages that will send such texts to a separate list.

IS THERE AN APP I CAN DOWNLOAD ON MY IPHONE TO BLOCK SCAMMERS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.