You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iphone 5 phone information to iphone 11

Recently purchased an iphone 11 and was trying to transfer all information from my iphone 5. to my new phone. While trying to transfer the information to my iphone 11 it connected with my iphone 8 plus. Now all of my contacts on my iphone 8plus have transferred to the new iphone 11. No information on the iphone 5 was transferred. What did I do? What's the best way to remove everything from the iphone 11 and start all over anytime syncing all information from the iphone 5 to the iphone 11. We have superslow wireless connection. Should I try transferring from my pc to the new iphone 11 for try syncing the iphone 5 to the iphone 11 again?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 8:24 AM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2020 2:14 PM in response to audi684

Hey there audi684,

We certainly understand what happened here, and we're happy to help you this iPhone transfer. Any iOS device using iOS 11 or later has a feature known as Quick Start. This allows you to transfer data from one device to a new one seamlessly during set up. It would appear as though the Quick Start initiated while in vicinity of the iPhone 8 Plus. But no worries, as this can be easily fixed. You will need to erase the iPhone 11, and you can get the steps for that here:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, make the sure the iPhone 8 Plus is either powered off or away from the iPhone 11 during the initial set up. Follow the steps here to set up the new iPhone with the data from your iPhone 5:

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Transfer iphone 5 phone information to iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.