You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Camera glass cracking without impact

I have an iPhone XS that was purchased about 16 months ago and kept in mint condition up until now. I always had it in an OtterBox case with a tempered glass screen protector, and the glass back doesn’t even have any scratches. I discovered today that in the past couple of days my rear camera glass has cracked from the outside steel band to the top of the main camera lens. I have never dropped it or had any impact to the camera lens, and there are no scratches or marks on it apart from the crack. Why would this have happened? How much would it cost to fix this defect? I can’t find an option to fix it on the Apple website.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 10:15 PM

It would be considered an "other" repair, so unless you have AppleCare+ it would be $549.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply

iPhone XS Camera glass cracking without impact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.