You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13in - Gen10 i5 chip, Dual Monitor Problems

I am trying to connect 2, 4k monitors to my new MacBook Pro. I purchased an Anker PowerExpand 13-in1 dock. One monitor is connected via the HDMI port. It works fine. The other is connected to the T3/USB-c port using a USB-c to Displayport cable. It does not work.

I've connected the Monitor with the same cable to a Window PC and it works.

When I connect the same monitor and cable to the mac directly, it does not work, nor does it work when I connect through the Anker dock.

Everything I've read says this monitor/cable dock configuration should work.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:40 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 8, 2020 6:58 PM in response to RavinDesai

Thanks for the quick reply. The monitor did not display when running directly from any of the 4 T3/USB-c ports on the MacBook using the USB-c cable. The same monitor/cable configuration worked on a Windows PC, so it's not the cable or monitor.

The apple website says a monitor will connect directly to the Mac with a USB-c cable.

I'm wondering if there is a configuration setting that needs to be adjusted on the Mac.

The same 2 monitors worked as dual monitors on my older MacBook Pro using older thunderbolt and HDMI cables.

MacBook Pro 13in - Gen10 i5 chip, Dual Monitor Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.