You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar disappeared on iMac (but still available on iCloud) - cannot retrieve it on iMac

All my calendars have disappeared on my iMac

The calendar is completely blank

I share multiple calendars and they have all gone too

The calendars are all still there in iCloud

Here's what I have tried so far...

• Turning calendar off and on via settings

• Turning calendar/reminders off in settings, leaving it a few minutes, turning it back on and then restarting the iMac (actually tried a number of different variations on this one) - the reminders disappear and come back but the calendar is still not populating

I can access the calendars on my phone and also using the iCloud calendar on a browser

What should I try next?

One point to add, I'm still on Catalina as my machine is now too old to upgrade to Big Sur - could it have something to do with this?

Thanks in anticipation of any help you can offer

All the best

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 7:37 AM

Update: the calendar had been unpopulated between about 7 am and 3 pm today.

Suddenly, at about 3:15 pm, the events and shared calendars all came back.

If anyone can explain that I'd be curious to know what happened, or if there's anything I could do to prevent it again

Solved: for now at least

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2020 7:37 AM in response to mrnigey

Update: the calendar had been unpopulated between about 7 am and 3 pm today.

Suddenly, at about 3:15 pm, the events and shared calendars all came back.

If anyone can explain that I'd be curious to know what happened, or if there's anything I could do to prevent it again

Solved: for now at least

Calendar disappeared on iMac (but still available on iCloud) - cannot retrieve it on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.