You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

managing my iCloud storage

I recently upgraded my iPhone and now have more memory than before. My current iCloud space is 50GB and my iPhone has 128GB. I keep on getting messages than my iCloud storage is full - although I don't need it anymore as my phone storage is sufficient. Is there a way to manage this without upgrading my iCloud storage? I would like to keep my 50GB of photos on iCloud, as they are from my old phone, but I don't need to backup the new photos on my new phone. Will I lose the old photos if I cancel my iCloud account?

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 11:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 8:32 AM

alona33 wrote:

Is there a way to manage this without upgrading my iCloud storage?

If you are receiving those messages, then it’s not in error and you may have to try to figure out where you will have to cull — Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

Will I lose the old photos if I cancel my iCloud account?

Yes, you will lose those photos unless you move it to a computer, external hard drive/device, or decide to store them solely on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2020 8:32 AM in response to alona33

alona33 wrote:

Is there a way to manage this without upgrading my iCloud storage?

If you are receiving those messages, then it’s not in error and you may have to try to figure out where you will have to cull — Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

Will I lose the old photos if I cancel my iCloud account?

Yes, you will lose those photos unless you move it to a computer, external hard drive/device, or decide to store them solely on your iPhone.

managing my iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.