You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

200gb storage plan + Apple One

Im currently subscribed to 200gb storage plan for 2.99 a month. If i subscribe to Apple One , will the extra 50gb included in this plan be added to my existing 200gb plan? Will my total storage be 250gb? I want To keep my 200gb and have Apple One too.

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 9:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:56 PM

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

See where it says "With Apple One, you can choose a subscription plan that includes 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of iCloud storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more for a total of up to 4TB."

13 replies

Dec 8, 2020 8:19 AM in response to facto2

facto2 wrote:

Im currently subscribed to 200gb storage plan for 2.99 a month. If i subscribe to Apple One , will the extra 50gb included in this plan be added to my existing 200gb plan?

No — What happens to your iCloud storage plan when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support.

Will my total storage be 250gb? I want To keep my 200gb and have Apple One too.

No, you cannot keep both.

Dec 8, 2020 11:36 AM in response to zinacef

zinacef wrote:

Actually, you can go in and purchase additional iCloud storage even if you're subscribed to Apple One. You can now effectively get up to 4TB of iCloud storage. When you sign up for Apple One your existing storage is moved to Apple One but then you can go in and buy more.

Dec 8, 2020 2:48 PM in response to anypats

anypats wrote:

zinacef wrote:

Actually, you can go in and purchase additional iCloud storage even if you're subscribed to Apple One. You can now effectively get up to 4TB of iCloud storage. When you sign up for Apple One your existing storage is moved to Apple One but then you can go in and buy more.

Thanks, but this is still not very clear to me. I’ve even questioned this with some other seniors here on the forums, thinking like you (as above), and have been met with being corrected. 🙁

Dec 8, 2020 4:33 PM in response to zinacef

Before I start, I understand that you can add storage to your apple one plan. The question im asking is not if i can add storage to an apple one plan.

my question issssss:

has anyone on here had the 200gb storage plan BEFORE Apple One was released. If you did, did you get the Apple One Individual Plan for 14.95 a month that includes 50gb of storage? If you signed up for the Individual plan is the 50gb added to your already existing 200gb for a total of 250gb? If not, where does it go? Do you just lose 50gb? Does the 50gb replace your 200gb? If that is the case, that is not good because i have 200gb if files. If i sign up for apple one and it drops my storage to 50gb i will not be happy.

200gb storage plan + Apple One

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.