You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one AirPod working at a time

My AirPods recently started malfunctioning when paired with my Macbook. Sound will only play from the right one unless I put it back in the charging case, in which case sound will play from the left one - but only to stop again as soon as I pull out again the right one.

I tried using my AirPods with my iPhone and using a different pair of AirPods with my laptop and in both cases I've had no problem - the problem only happens when pairing my AirPods with my Macbook.

I have already tried restarting the laptop, turning Bluetooth off and on and the whole Forget AirPods/hard-reset process, but it didn't work - when I pair them back to my laptop the problem persists.

What else can I try before going to an Apple store?

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 2:59 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 9, 2020 5:05 PM in response to andreagradi_

Greetings andreagradi_!

From your post we see you are having some trouble with your AirPods not working properly when connected to your MacBook. We can absolutely see how that would be a n issue and want to help get it resolved! Try resetting those AirPods first and seeing if the issue continues: Reset your AirPods. After resetting them try testing in safe mode to see if any user settings are affecting them: How to use safe mode on your Mac. If the issue continues we recommend reaching out to our direct support here: Get Support.

Take care!

Dec 9, 2020 5:05 PM in response to andreagradi_

Greetings andreagradi_!

From your post we see you are having some trouble with your AirPods not working properly when connected to your MacBook. We can absolutely see how that would be a n issue and want to help get it resolved! Try resetting those AirPods first and seeing if the issue continues: Reset your AirPods. After resetting them try testing in safe mode to see if any user settings are affecting them: How to use safe mode on your Mac. If the issue continues we recommend reaching out to our direct support here: Get Support.

Take care!

Only one AirPod working at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.