You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app on home screen

I cannot go to App Store and press cloud icon because it does not have the cloud icon. It only says OPEN. So that is no Help to re-install my Mail icon on my Home Screen.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 6:40 PM

Swipe back to the App Library. After you get there, swipe down slightly and you will get an alphabetical list of the apps on your phone. Scroll down to the M, or use the alphabet on the right side of the screen. You can open it from there. You may also be able to see it in the icon grouping of apps at the beginning. If you do press and hold the app and then drag it back to your home screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 6:40 PM in response to LL611

Swipe back to the App Library. After you get there, swipe down slightly and you will get an alphabetical list of the apps on your phone. Scroll down to the M, or use the alphabet on the right side of the screen. You can open it from there. You may also be able to see it in the icon grouping of apps at the beginning. If you do press and hold the app and then drag it back to your home screen.

Nov 29, 2020 6:33 PM in response to sberman

No this app is not on my phone I do not have the icon on my home screen it may say when I go to the App Store there is no cloud icon it only says open when I open yes it takes me to my mail but there is still no icon on my home screen if I have an important message to go back to work after this furlough from the pandemic if I forget to actually go back to the App Store and open the app I’m going to miss this information I want my icon for mail in the Apple Store to say get the app again not open the app there is no cloud symbol there so tell me what I’m supposed to do you’re only repeating what I’ve already read

Mail app on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.