You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Change Apple Watch 6 Face from iPhone 12 Pro Max

I am unable to change the Apple Watch face and/or complications from my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Even downloading a new watch face from the face gallery - it won't change on the watch after tapping Set as Current Watch Face.

I have powered off and then back on both the Watch and the iPhone with no success. Both are on the most current software (Apple Watch OS 7.1; iOS 14.2.1).

Thoughts?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:58 AM

So, this was an embarrassing human error issue. When I got my new iPhone, I didn't actually pair the Watch to the new phone. Because almost everything was mirrored to my phone everything else appeared to be functioning as if paired. Resetting the watch and actually going through the pairing with the new phone solved the problem!

Thanks to Apple Support for all the patience as we walked through everything and triggering my memory!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2020 7:58 AM in response to TexasWeatherGirl

So, this was an embarrassing human error issue. When I got my new iPhone, I didn't actually pair the Watch to the new phone. Because almost everything was mirrored to my phone everything else appeared to be functioning as if paired. Resetting the watch and actually going through the pairing with the new phone solved the problem!

Thanks to Apple Support for all the patience as we walked through everything and triggering my memory!

Unable to Change Apple Watch 6 Face from iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.