You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problem

I don't why the battery run fast, I put my MacBook Pro in the charge for the whole time. in addition , its shut Down it self when the battery reach 16% or some time 20%!!!

in System Preferences for battery there is a massage said "the battery's capacity is significantly reduced. to restore capacity, please check your service options" I don't understand what that mean . Can anyone explain to my? Think you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 1:47 PM

Hi,

Mac Service and Repair.

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

4 replies

Nov 22, 2020 12:37 PM in response to moza100

Your battery may be approaching the end of its useful life, and may need to be replaced soon.

Batteries are a wear item, like the soles of your shoes or the tires on your car, and may need to be replaced when either their number of charge cycles OR their "shelf-life" has been exceeded.

In addition, Lithium-polymer batteries can be quirky, and occasioanally a battery loses its capacity and need to be replaced for no obvious reason.

Battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.