You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery draining overnight.

My iPhone XS has drained around 30% overnight, without use and whilst on airplane mode. This also happened a few weeks ago, in which I reset my phone and didn't get the issue again until now. My app usage in the background did not go up, so I am wondering why did this happen? Is there any way I can prevent this further, since I already have background app refresh turned off and other battery settings turned on?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:31 AM

Yeah... that's a glib and unhelpful answer.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro that's been out of the box for two days, and overnight in airplane mode with background app refresh deactivated there is still a large amount of background activity for many hours.

This is caused by the Music app. I know, because the same problem cooked - literally - my iPhone 7 Plus, and it stopped when I deleted the entire app.

Clearly, this is unacceptable, and Apple needs to find a solution! A quick internet search reveals that this is a problem for a lot of iPhone users all over the world, so what's the story, Apple?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2020 10:31 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Yeah... that's a glib and unhelpful answer.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro that's been out of the box for two days, and overnight in airplane mode with background app refresh deactivated there is still a large amount of background activity for many hours.

This is caused by the Music app. I know, because the same problem cooked - literally - my iPhone 7 Plus, and it stopped when I deleted the entire app.

Clearly, this is unacceptable, and Apple needs to find a solution! A quick internet search reveals that this is a problem for a lot of iPhone users all over the world, so what's the story, Apple?

iPhone battery draining overnight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.