You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad questions

If i were to purchase an iPad with wifi + cellular do I have to pay a monthly fee?

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 3:04 PM

The cellular model allows you to use cellular data if choose to. You don't have to if you don't want to however.. If you want to be able to use cellular data when away from WiFi then you need to pay for it. I don't know of any cellular service provider that offers cellular service for free.

You can of course not use the cellular service and then you would not have to pay for it. But then there's not much point in paying extra for the WiFi+Cellular model if you aren't going to make use of the cellular hardware.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2020 3:04 PM in response to anna_armstrong4

The cellular model allows you to use cellular data if choose to. You don't have to if you don't want to however.. If you want to be able to use cellular data when away from WiFi then you need to pay for it. I don't know of any cellular service provider that offers cellular service for free.

You can of course not use the cellular service and then you would not have to pay for it. But then there's not much point in paying extra for the WiFi+Cellular model if you aren't going to make use of the cellular hardware.

iPad questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.