You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my laptop pro in icloud?

I want to backup my macbook pro (catalina) to icloud and I have not been able to find instructions to do it... any help out here?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 3:34 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2020 3:53 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks for your response. I could swear I've seen Apple talk about backing up my whole system to iCloud (in addition to the other docs and Photos I already have there). I have used Time Machine in the past with an external drive - that drive has been acting very weird since my last backup and I don't trust it any more. Im also in an isolated area - can't easily go to a store and purchase a new external drive for backups... of course I can buy online - was simply hoping to get this done today.

Getting ready to upgrade to the new OS (Big Sur) and it said something about backing up directly into it - does that make sense? Should I pursue a backup in some other way before upgrading since the one on my current external drive probably won't work to restore...?

How do I back up my laptop pro in icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.