You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show time in clip iOS 14 Nov20

I have a clip that is 3’13 long and I want to split it somewhere around 1’20” ...however when I select the clip, I do not see the actual spot where I am, only the duration. Is it possible to see the time stamp of the exact position I see the duration of the clip but want to see the position of the vertical bar.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 6:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 9:22 AM

When you click on the clip the timer will show the duration at that point from the very beginning of the project timeline. So, if you have clips in front of the clip that you are working on the timer will show the duration from the beginning of the project, not from the beginning of the clip. In your screen shot the timer is showing 3.03.6 minutes from the beginning of the project.

As a workaround, you can move your clip to the front of the project timeline, and then when you click in the middle of the clip the timer will show the time duration of the clip at that point. That's because the beginning of the clip is the same as the beginning of the project.

Another way would be to place your clip into a new project created for this purpose so that it is the only clip in the project. Then when you click on it the timer will show the point where you are in the clip.

The timer above the timeline does not have precision accuracy, but it's pretty close.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2020 9:22 AM in response to alisterio

When you click on the clip the timer will show the duration at that point from the very beginning of the project timeline. So, if you have clips in front of the clip that you are working on the timer will show the duration from the beginning of the project, not from the beginning of the clip. In your screen shot the timer is showing 3.03.6 minutes from the beginning of the project.

As a workaround, you can move your clip to the front of the project timeline, and then when you click in the middle of the clip the timer will show the time duration of the clip at that point. That's because the beginning of the clip is the same as the beginning of the project.

Another way would be to place your clip into a new project created for this purpose so that it is the only clip in the project. Then when you click on it the timer will show the point where you are in the clip.

The timer above the timeline does not have precision accuracy, but it's pretty close.

-- Rich

Show time in clip iOS 14 Nov20

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.