You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

caller ID - Name shows, but not phone number

I have the new iphone 12 pro... and when someone calls me, it shows me the callers name, and not the phone number... but I really need to know the number that is calling too... anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 8:27 AM

Sorry should have been more clear. I mean numbers that are not stored in my phone.

I would like to know the number that is calling me for people that are not stored in my phone. now my phone somehow gets the callers name, and is not providing their phone number when they call (but i would like to know area code, and number they are calling from before i decide to answer)

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2020 8:27 AM in response to LD150

Sorry should have been more clear. I mean numbers that are not stored in my phone.

I would like to know the number that is calling me for people that are not stored in my phone. now my phone somehow gets the callers name, and is not providing their phone number when they call (but i would like to know area code, and number they are calling from before i decide to answer)

Nov 6, 2020 8:37 AM in response to LD150

thanks for your reply but its not always the case. I'm really just working for a fix to find out how i can see a phone number for someone that is calling my iphone 12 pro (and not just their name) I would be happy with removing their name and only providing a phone number (for people not stored in my phone)

Nov 9, 2020 2:28 PM in response to fayma

I have exactly the same issue, all of a sudden, non-contacts are coming in and showing as Wireless Caller or No Caller ID, it does show the city from where the call is coming from. After I dont answer and IF they leave a VM the phone number shows. If no VM it does not show phone number in recents. I went to settings, phone, and I dont have caller id, wireless calls or call forwarding in the list and where it should be, just not there. So far the tech person at Verizon could not figure it out, had me do a hard reset and also a software update for IOS14.2 I am waiting....Is this only Iphone 12 pro?

caller ID - Name shows, but not phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.