You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot verify server identify

My iPhone has been displaying the error “iPhone cannot verify server identity imap-mail.outlook.com”. But the problem is I do not even have an outlook account on my apple devices.

What is causing this and how to get rid of it??

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 8:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2020 6:49 PM in response to michmabelle

Hello michmabelle,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see no one has responded to your post yet. We can see that you see an error about Outlook Mail and don't have an Outlook account linked to your iPhone. We can understand your concerns. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• What version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your device? You can find this in Settings > General > About.
  • Was this device provided to you by a school or employer?
  • How long have you been experiencing this issue? Before the start of this issue, had you installed any new software or made any changes to your device?

Once more information is made available, others in the Apple Support Communities may be able to offer assistance.

Cheers!

iPhone cannot verify server identify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.