You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrade backt o Mojave from Catalina

I want to downgrade back to Mojave. I have done quite a bit of work in the month I've had it and don't want to lose it. I use Time Machine faithfully so have all my data. I have been told anything which has been edited with Catalina will not run on Mojave. True?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 2:10 PM

Thanks. This is helpful. Images and pictures should be OK. You may have small issues with Numbers, Photoshop and Organizer depending on the versions. If you have access to a Mac with the same apps on Mojave, you can do few tests to see how things look.

The Address Book could be the tricky one. I cannot test it. Is it synced on iCloud? I think it could be a good idea to do an export you can import back when on Mojave. Suggestions from other members of the forum are welcome.

WD

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2020 2:10 PM in response to docsheila

Thanks. This is helpful. Images and pictures should be OK. You may have small issues with Numbers, Photoshop and Organizer depending on the versions. If you have access to a Mac with the same apps on Mojave, you can do few tests to see how things look.

The Address Book could be the tricky one. I cannot test it. Is it synced on iCloud? I think it could be a good idea to do an export you can import back when on Mojave. Suggestions from other members of the forum are welcome.

WD

Oct 28, 2020 1:15 PM in response to docsheila

Downgrading from Catalina can be tricky. Better to start from scratch if you have a good data backup. I would suggest to make a copy of important documents and files on another storage for safety.

Follow the link about Mojave on that page: How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support.

"I have been told anything which has been edited with Catalina will not run on Mojave.". I cannot make sense of that. Who told you?

WD

Oct 28, 2020 1:20 PM in response to Wilddrums

I have a good backup onTime Machine. my question more specifically is that files have been edited and saved on my backup drive (Time Machine) but was told by someone that knows more than me (( that anything that was edited with Catalina will not be able to run with Mojave. But all my files originally done with Mojave (which was backed up the day before I went to Catalina) are safe and sound. I just need to be sure that I will not lose 3 weeks of edits done on those Mojave files with Catalina.

By the way, I'm wanting to DOWNGRADE from Catalina to Mojave which I ran for years.

sk

downgrade backt o Mojave from Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.