You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync - the very unApple-like user friendly process

Apple generally ranks high in User friendly procedures, however I seem to be in the small percentage of people who encounter problems...

I have an iPhone XR, and a Mac mini (late 2014 model). I am logged into both using the same Apple ID.

I want to simply have the same contacts list shown upon both.

Now for some reason or other, which I have yet to figure out, as I am not an Apple expert, my list of contacts shown upon my Mac mini, is not the same as that upon my iPhone.

So, how do I push my contacts list from my iPhone to my Mac ?

Both are connected via the iCloud with Contacts selected as Cloud enabled, though I previously had not shared my iPhone contacts with the iCloud, I simply turned it on, in order to facilitate the transfer...

How do I make merge one to the other without overwriting data ?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:48 AM

Just nudge the mini (in a friendly way) - disable Contacts sync, logout of iCloud, re-login, re-enable cloud sync.

Similar questions

1 reply

Sync - the very unApple-like user friendly process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.